Course Organizer's Privacy Notice
INTRODUCTION & CONTACT
Name: Guilhem Janbon Address: Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75015, Paris, France
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org. TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We currently collect and process the following information (most of which is provided directly by you):
- Contact details (for example, name and email address);
- Demographic information (for example, age and/or other information that may identify you as an individual);
- Correspondence with you (for example, we may keep a record of any correspondence with you in relation to the query);
- Photographs (for example a group photo for the course and photos of other social events);
- Additional Information
- We also have access to information about you which you upload to the FEBS Advanced Courses
2. PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING & PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- provide you with information and support about the Advanced Course you have applied to attend;
- assess your application to attend an Advanced Course;
- administer your participation in the Advanced Course, including processing your registration fee, handling submitted materials such as abstracts, and managing dietary requests;
- comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- If you are photographed as part of any onsite or virtual events, your image or likeness may be used in promotional
We may share this information with:
- The Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS) as part of our reporting and funding obligations or for use by FEBS in reporting or promotion of its Advanced Courses program;
- The Federation of European Microbiology Societies (FEMS) as part of our reporting and funding obligations for the course.
- Other sponsors if required for funding reports.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at the details provided above.
- We have a contractual
- We have a legal
- We have a legitimate interest or where a third party has legitimate
Where we use your information for our legitimate interests, or the legitimate interests of a third party, we make sure that we take into account any potential impact that such use may have on you and will not rely on this lawful basis where it is not proportionate to do so. If you have any concerns about our processing please refer to details of “Your Data Protection Rights” below.
3. HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are established in within the EEA.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period, it will be deleted or in some cases anonymized.
4. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, please let us know by using the contact details above.
We hope to be able to resolve any complaints with you directly. However, if you are not happy with the steps we have taken, you can also complain to the relevant supervisory authority being: the “Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés” 3 place de Fontenoy TSA 80175 75334 Paris Cedex 07 (Phone: 33 (1) 53 73 22 22 or 33 (1) 01 53 73 22 00) www.cnil.fr
Date updated: 28 October 2021